Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The Most Interesting Man in the World

The Most Interesting Man in the World advertising campaign for Dos Equis (two X's) beer was one of my most favorite, funny and outrageous commercials. The bearded, debonair gentleman was played by actor Jonathan Goldsmith who himself had a very interesting career in film and advertising. The campaign lives on in Internet memes showing a photograph with some variant of the commercial "I don't always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos Equis." Since beer gives me migraines, my favorite variant on the theme is displayed above. Also, the tag at the end of the commercial was typically "Stay thirsty, my friends" which I have always assumed to be a play on Stay Hungry which is the only way I have ever been able to control my weight. The video below is a compilation of the commercials.

No comments:

Post a Comment