Monday, July 5, 2010

Stack & Tilt: The Journey

About three or four years ago, out of some desperation, I changed my golf swing. Why change? Over the years I have lost a lot of flexibility and began having trouble hitting the ground before hitting the ball (the "fat" shot is the ultimate power leak).

I had been reading about the Stack & Tilt swing (here and here), bought the video (here) and bought the book (here). The swing analysis claimed to fix my problem with fat shots, so I gave it a try. Bottom line: it did.

In the following posts I'll discuss my learning experience with the Stack & Tilt swing. To make the transition, what I found most useful was visualization. I learned to play golf watching and copying the swings of skilled amateur plays I caddied for at Ozaukee Country Club (e.g., Dick Sucher) and played against in high school (e.g., Mark Bemowski).

Since I learned to play by copying good players, I needed images that I could copy. In the following posts I'll present the ones that helped me the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment