Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Stack & Tilt: The Setup


The setup for the Stack & Tilt swing is exactly as described in all the documentation (e.g., here). Weight forward on the left foot, hands low and forward, and the ball back in your stance. As explained in the DVD and the book, the setup is designed to produce a slight draw. In my experience, the Stack & Tilt swing does produce a draw as advertised.

Once you are in this setup (the "Stack"), the next step is the "Tilt," to be discussed in a future post. For me, getting the tilt right is critical!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, looks promising! Maybe that's why I'm having so much difficulty with the driver, I end up putting too much weight back. I think irons naturally get the stack & tilt treatment because I feel with them I'm attacking the ground and leaning forward. Maybe you could host a stack & tilt lunch here at HSLC and we could gather to watch the DVD in one of our classrooms... Enjoy! Dan

    ReplyDelete