Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Stack & Tilt: My Swing

Yesterday I went to GolfTEC and had a complementary swing analysis. One of the GolfTEC PGA pros took me through their G-swing system: (1) putting me into an electronic harness (from the front, it looks like the strap for a backpack in frame 2 above), (2) video recording and digitizing my swing, (3) analyzing my swing against Ernie Els and Tiger Woods, (4) making some initial suggestions for improvement and (5) suggesting a number of lesson packages. Here is the video of my current swing (the S&T Swing) vs. the suggested new swing (the Width Swing). What's funny about this is that the "new" swing was basically my old swing before I went to Stack & Tilt (S&T)!

Whether I go back to the future or not is an open question, but the video analysis did point out some obvious flaws in my S&T swing. The flaws are clearly covered in the S&T video, but somehow I wasn't able to translate what I knew into a solid golf swing. The S&T book suggests video recording of your swing but I doubt that I would have caught all the problems without an objective analysis. GolfTEC is clearly adding value.

Maybe you can find the problems in my swing by comparing the S&T Swing to the Width Swing. In the next few posts I'll take you through the GolfTEC analysis with some of my own commentary. There were a number of interesting and, for me unexpected, conclusions from the analysis.


No comments:

Post a Comment