Wednesday, November 28, 2012

She Done Me Wrong



I heard blues guitarist Eamonn McCormack (read his bio here) the other night on Pandora's Blues Guitar Channel playing "She Done Me Wrong," liked his guitar playing, downloaded the album "Kindred Spirits" and have a live version of him playing the song in the video above. Here are the lyrics from the album:

[guitar intro]

Yeah, love ain't no easy game to play,
Lord knows I tried, all too long.

Yeah, love ain't no easy game to play,
Lord knows I tried, all too long.

Woke up that rainy Irish morning,
I read your letter baby, said you were gone.

Yeah, you're feelin' down and done me wrong pretty, pretty woman,
And now I know a grown man, just ain't supposed to cry.

Yeah, you're feelin' down and done me wrong pretty woman,
Now I know a man ain't supposed to cry.

You know I still pray to the Lord above,
Yes I pray, you gonna fly home some day.

[guitar solo]

Yeah, you know you done me wrong pretty, pretty woman,
Let me tell you now, I'm not your stepping stone.

Yeah, you done me wrong pretty, pretty woman,
No, I'm not your steppin' stone.

Yeah, I know it didn't work out as as I planned,
Cause you got yourself, another man.

Yeah, let my guitar cry...

[guitar solo]





Recorded on 10 April 2010 Live at SAAL BIRGIT Viersen, Germany

Eamonn McCormack: Vocals, All guitars, harmonica
Marc Inti: Bass Guitar
Tobi Baum: Drums

Song: She done me wrong written by Eamonn McCormack featured on the album "Kindred Spirits"

No comments:

Post a Comment