Saturday, November 24, 2012

Ruthie Foster at the Door Community Auditorium



Tonight we saw Ruthie Foster at the Door Community Auditorium. The clip above ("Harder Than The Fall") feels most like the live performance tonight which was a knock out. She appeared with Tanya Richardson on Bass and Samantha Banks on Drums (no Hammond B3 tonight).

Here are the lyrics:


This is gonna be harder than I thought
The cost is gonna be higher than I bargained for.
The sun sets on another day, but the hurt won't fade away.
Gettin' back up is harder than the fall.
Drivin' 'round in my old familiar town,
Trying to find a place to hide my heart.
I was passin' time, between midnight trains and neon signs, Tellin' my story of how I tore our love apart.
Just the other day, I said I just can't cope, 
So I walked away. You said, hold on a little longer.
It'll be okay. Now I'm fightin' back strong, 
Trying to right my wrong. You're movin' on. 
You're movin' on.

No comments:

Post a Comment